Gratins are great in Winter because they are hearty and filling and also, they take very little effort. I used yucon potatoes in this one but you can use sweet potatoes or Japanese sweet potatoes as well. The cashew cream recipe asks for soaked cashews (so just pop them in some water the night before and let them soak overnight) – I truly love that recipe and you can even just serve the cream as a side for dipping.
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 2 medium yucon potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 batch of cashew cream (such as prepared in this recipe)
- 1 tbsp harissa (I love to use mina harissa medium spicy)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp pepitas
- Pre-head oven to 375°.
- Prepare the cashew cream and add harissa and cumin to the blend.
- Place 3/4th of the slices of zucchini and potatoes layered in a round baking dish.
- Top with cashew cream, then add another layer of zucchini and potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, take out of the oven and top with pepitas and pepper flakes.
Enjoy with a green salad on the side!