I have a wonderful friend, who is also one of the best chefs I know. Her name is Nidhi Jalan and she is the founder of Masala Mama, an Indian simmer sauce company.
Nidhi makes the best Indian food that you will ever have. Nothing against Indian restaurants, but if you have had her food once, you’ll probably never eat Indian food out again 😉 It’s just so flavorful, subtle, spicy, while still being healthy and easy to digest.
The wonderful thing is that you can have Nidhi in your kitchen by purchasing her Simmer Sauces. They are currently available online (through Amazon) but also in selected Whole Foods Location around NYC.
I love the Vindaloo Sauce and it’s so easy to veganize. Instead of chicken I used soy curls. You could also use tofu. I love adding some green beans to it as well, for some extra flavor and crunch. This dish is really super easy to make and it will convert the deepest meat lovers.
- 3 cups green beans
- 4 cups Soy curls
- 1 jar Masala Mama Vindaloo Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Start by soaking your soy curls for 5 minutes. The drain them and make sure they are dry.
- Now fry them with some coconut oil until they start crisping up a little.
- Now add your sauce, water and beans and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil your rice.
- Serve un-chicken with some rice and fresh herbs.