Nidhi Jalan, the founder of Masala Mama, is not only a good friend but also a fantastic chef. Masala Mama sells amazing Indian spice blends as well as a choice of vegan and vegetarian simmer sauces. The sauces taste like homemade Indian food and I love to stock up on them for some quick and flavorful dinner or lunch. Not only are the sauces delicious, but they are also healthy (just a couple ingredients, no preservatives) and organic. Check out Nidhi’s potato vindaloo recipe that can be made in no time and will leave your kitchen smelling like a spice market.
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾ lb peeled and cubed sweet potato
- ¾ lb peeled and cubed waxy potatoes
- 1 container Masala Mama organic Vindaloo sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- In a medium-sized covered skillet or Dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the cubed potatoes and lightly sear.
- Add the stock and the Vindaloo sauce and mix well.
- Simmer on the stove top until the sweet potato is tender and easily pierced with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the potato or it will become mushy.
Serve hot with basmati rice or grilled ciabatta bread.
ps: This dish often tastes even nicer the next day!