Pad Thai is one of Noah’s favorite dishes – and I can’t blame him…who doesn’t love a hearty rice noodle dish? 😉
My version of Pad Thai is not made with peanut butter, but rather with tahini! In this recipe I used Sesame Kingdom‘s Pomegranate Tahini Spread for some extra fruitiness.
Made with tahini, my Pad Thai recipe is a bit lighter than the traditional version and has an extra boos of calcium and protein (thank you sesame seeds!). You can simply serve this dish as a main, garnished with some fresh herbs. Add mushrooms and other veggies for some extra taste and texture.
- 6 oz gluten free noodles
- 1 1/2 cups Maitake mushrooms
- 1 medium purple onion
- 2 tbsp Sesame Kingdom Pomegranate Tahini Spread
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs
- Start by chopping the onion and sauté it in a pan for 4-5 minutes with a little bit of salt. Chop up mushrooms and add to the onion. Sauté for a couple more minutes until golden brown.
- In the meantime, heat up water and boil the noodles according to instructions.
- In a bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing tahini, miso, and water until well combined and creamy. If too thick, add a little more water and finish off with soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Now mix noodles in the pan with onions and mushrooms and add sauce until well combined. Add fresh herbs at the end and serve straight away.