I love chickpea flour so much and it makes great chickpea pancakes. I love it not only because it’s super nutritious and high in protein (yes, this is for you protein obsessed reader! ;)) but also because of it’s nutty flavor. It works both in savory and sweet baking and can easily replace your regular flour. It’s also gluten free, which makes it and easy alternative for so many people who struggle with gluten.
I love making a ‘one person’ pancake in a small skillet or I just double or triple the ingredients if I want to make this for more people. You can also just cut and split it like an omelette if you want to share it with others. It’s great with berries but also works well with chocolate chips. I love using raw, slightly sweetened chocolate for that. These pancakes make a ‘perfect breakfast for dinner’ dish as well 😉
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut syrup
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp oil
- Pre-heat a small skillet with a little bit of plant oil at medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, vanilla, coconut sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk and add about 1 cup of water to make it a little more liquid.
- Add 1tsp oil to your skillet to make sure nothing sticks.
- Pour mix into skillet and add berries. Mix so they are well distributed.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.