Last week I published a recipe for vegan Mac and Cheese. The cashew cream that I made for that can be used for other dishes as well.
One of my favorite snacks (and sooooo much cheaper when made at home) are kale chips. You can easily just roast them in the oven with some oil but I love adding this cashew cheese as it makes them richer and tastier. The kale chips are a perfect afternoon snack, rich in healthy fats as well as vitamin B12 (from the nutritional yeast) and of course some fiber from the kale. Just delicious!
Check out my recipe and let me know how you like it.
10 min prep, 1-2 hours baking
- 1-2 bunches of fresh kale
- 1 batch of cashew cream
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°.
2. Wash kale, dry it off well and chop up in smaller pieces.
3. Prepare cashew cream.
4. Pour kale in a bowl and add cashew cream. Massage in with your hands and make sure all leaves are covered but not soaked in the cream.
5. Prepare baking tray with parchment paper and lay out kale. Sometimes you need two trays. Make sure kale is well spread out.
6. Bake for one hour. Take out and flip the kale pieces over.
7. Bake for about another hour until crunchy and dry.
Enjoy as a snack or appetizer!