I always associate scones to the UK and to afternoon tea sessions. This quick bread makes a delicious afternoon snack indeed but you can also have to for breakfast with some jam or serve it as a brunch item. Feel free to mix up the dried fruit and add raisins, dates or cranberries. Anything works!
- 6 ounces coconut yogurt (plain preferably)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds, mixed with water for flax egg
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup diced frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 cup all graham flour
- 6 tbsp vegan butter (for example earth balance)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pre heat your oven to 400°.
- Mix all wet ingredients (flax egg, coconut yogurt, pineapple, maple syrup) in a small bowl. Then add coconut flakes.
- In another bowl, mix flour and vegan butter (should be at room temperature).
- Add wet ingredients to the flour-butter mix and combine both until they from a dough.
- Now shape a circular loaf (about 2-3 inches thick) and place on baking sheet.
- Depending on thickness, bake for 12-20minutes until lightly brown.
Take out of the oven to cool down, then cut in triangular ‘pizza’ slices and serve with my homemade raspberry jam!