One of my friends once said that the pear are the most underrated fruit out there. It’s pretty true. Especially if you think about the popularity that apples have, all year round. It seems like an apple is always an option when it comes to fruit snacks. The pear kind of gets forgotten about easily.
So here is my love declaration to pears: a simple, delicious, vegan, pear crumble tarte. You can prep the crumble in no time and it makes a wonderful dessert. Top it with some coconut whip (such as this one from SoDelicious) or ice cream to impress – et voilà!
You could use other fruit with this crumble recipe as well but I love how pears don’t become too mushy when cooked. They always keep a crunch which add nice texture to the dessert. Their mild flavor also balances well with the sweetness and nuttiness of the crumble.
Serves 4 portions
- 2 pears (I love Daisy Girl for this recipe)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour tolled date pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Coconut whip to serve (I use the SoDelicious coconut whip!)
- Start by slicing your pears and lay them out on a round tarte form.
- Drizzle with lime juice and maple syrup.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, date pieces, almonds, coconut sugar, coconut oil and pumpkin oil. Mix well and then top pears with crumble mix evenly.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool down for 5-10 minutes and top with coconut whip or your favorite vanilla ice cream.