I think granola bars are a wonderful snack but only if you make them yourself; the biggest issue I face with store bought granola bars is that they often contain a lot of sugar (often refined sugar!) or corn syrup, along with other additives to prolong shelf life and ‘enhance flavor’. It’s really easy though to just make them at home and it’s also way cheaper!
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple or coconut syrup
- 1/ cup mixed raw nuts of any sort (almonds , chopped
- 1 cup medjool dates, chopped finely in a food processor (almost paste like)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Prepare and 8×8 muffin pan with baking paper and pour ingredients into it.
- Press down well until about 1 inch thick and evenly flattened.
- Put into the freezer for about one hour then cut into 8-10 bar shaped pieces.
They can be kept in the fridge for 10 days!