These apple tarts are super easy to make – all you need is a food processor and some muffin tins. The recipe is raw which means that there is not even your usual baking waiting time. You can also easily change up the ingredients if you prefer certain nuts over others or if you want to add some spices. And if you don’t want to make individual tarts you can go for a bigger single tart just make sure you prepare enough ‘dough’ for that (I would probably double the recipe).
– 1 cup of pitted medjool dates
– 1/2 cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
– 1/2 cup raw cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts or even pecans
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1tsp pumpkin spice
– 1 big apple
- Add dates, shredded coconut and nuts into a food processor and top with some cinnamon and pulse until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Cut up apple in small pieces and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat in a skillet.
- Create tarts by using muffin form (use … so it doesn’t stick) and add about 1 tbsp of dough in each hold. Press down well and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Take out your tart crusts and top with a couple chopped apple pieces. Then add pumpkin spice and enjoy!
Keep in your fridge so the dough stays firm.