Lima beans or butter beans are my favorite beans. They are quite delicate and mild in flavor but taste amazing in salads, dips or just marinated as a snack. And, like all beans, they come with tons of fiber and protein. The fiber is great to prevent your blood sugar level from rising too fast and the carbohydrates are absorbed slowly so they can fuel you with energy for a long time.
As a result of my lima bean addition, this Succotash has more lima bean than corn but you can obviously change that up. I added simple strawberry dressing to it, as well as some yellow baby tomatoes, fresh mint and dried basil. Topped with some pepitas they just make a perfectly balanced summer dish.
- 1 cup cooked lima beans
- ½ cup raw corn
- ½ cup chopped yellow baby tomatoes
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp coconut syrup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ¼ cup pepitas
- salt to taste
- fresh mint for decoration
- In a bowl, mix lima beans, baby tomatoes and corn.
- Pour strawberriies, red pepper flakes, lime juice and coconut syrup in a blender and process until combined. Add a little water if you want it to be more liquid.
- Now top bean and corn mix with dressing and combine.
- Add pepitas, salt and mint at the end.