These burgers are quick and easy to make and the mix of sweet potato and lentils is flavorful and savory at the same time. You can make them with any type of lentils (green, coral or black) but I love this combination for taste and color. If you are looking for a lighter version, just add the patties to a bed of greens and drizzle tahini sauce on top.
Makes 4-6, 1 hour
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp harissa
- 2 tomatoes
- cilantro for garnish
- 4-6 pretzel buns
- Pre heat oven to 400° and roast sweet potato for about 40-45min until tender. When done, remove from the oven and peel off skin.
- In the meantime, boil lentils (they don’t need soaking) until soft, for about 40 minutes.
- In a food processor, add lentils, sweet potato, red pepper, cumin, onions and salt/pepper to taste. Pulse until rough dough is formed.
- Form 5-6 patties and bake for about 30 minutes at 400.
- Prepare tahini dressing by adding 3-4 tbsp of water to tahini and mix it with harissa.
- Serve burger on top of bun, with fresh tomatoes and tahini sauce. Garnish with cilantro.