Thanksgiving desserts, although delicious, can be hard to digest as they are often made with dairy and lots of refined sugar. It’s not the best end to an already hearty meal. Vegan desserts tent to be lighter and healthier in general as they use less processed ingredients, and the lack of animal products makes them easier to digest. I love fruit based desserts as they provide a lot of fiber and freshness. One of my favorites in fall and winter is an apple crumble that can be prepared in minutes and is ready in no time. It’s delicious, flavorful, healthy and a little bit decadent 😉
- 3-4 medium apples (can be different types)
- 1/4 gluten free oats
- 1/2 almond flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup rolled dates
- 1/2 stick non dairy butter (earth balance is great!)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 hand full of pepitas
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Chop 3-4 medium sized apples into small chunks, cover with cinnamon and lemon juice then pour into baking dish.
- Now prepare your crumble by mixing your flour, oats, cinnamon, rolled dates, raisins, salt and coconut sugar. Then melt butter and mix well until moist and well combined.
- Pour crumble mix evenly over apples and bake for 30-40 minutes. Top with some pepitas before serving.
Serve with some coconut ice cream and make sure it’s warm so the ice cream melts 😉