I joke about this but I really believe that this sweet potato recipe is making me worthy of receiving US citizenship 😉 The reason for that is because I made a bold move and stuffed the purple sweet potatoes (so yummy!!!) with pumpkin flavored (vegan – of course!) mini marshmallows. Isn’t that super American???
I believe that this dish makes a great quick Thanksgiving side dish and it’s also super yummy the rest of the year. I’ve had it for breakfast too and it’s definitely on the sweeter side but that makes it perfect for brunch too. Basically, I’m telling you that you can eat this any team, all year round. Let me know what you think…
- 2 medium purple sweet potatoes
- 1 14oz can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup mini pumpkin marshmallows
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cutting into your sweet potatoes and opening them in half. Roast for 40 minutes at 400° in tin foil.
- In the meantime, drain chickpeas and toss with coconut oil, salt and 1 tsp of red pepper flakes. You can add any other spice to these as well. I love to add some curry or tandoori spice. Roast for 15 minutes at 400°.
- Now top your sweet potatoes with roasted chickpeas, spinach and marshmallows. Roast for another 5-8 minutes until marshmallows are melted.