Chickpea flour is fantastic because it’s gluten free (so a lot of people that don’t tolerate gluten can use this as a great substitute) but it’s also high in protein (due to the chickpeas). You can use it for both savory (check out my chickpea pancakes) and sweet dishes. I love to use it for cookies – the ones below are quick to make and will totally satisfy your sweet tooth 🙂
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp coconut syrup or maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix flour, granulated coconut sugar, salt and baking soda in a bowl until combined.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Add wet ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract) until all is combined evenly. The add choco chips.
- Now form into little balls (should make about 12-14). Place dough balls evenly on parchment paper on top of baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Serve with almond milk, hot chocolate or some orange marmalade.