Ready for Spring? These carrot mustard muffins are a perfect Spring snack and they will do really well during a Sunday brunch as well. You can also enjoy them for breakfast if you are into savory things in the morning.
I used a special mustard from my favorite French brand Maille – they have been coming out with super unique flavors in recent years. Carrot with a hint of shallot is one of their recent creations and it’s absolutely divine!! You can enjoy these muffins with some sides of your choice like homemade chickpea dip or sauerkraut for some color 😉
- 2 flax eggs
- 2-3 shallots
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup rice flower
- 3 tsp Carrot Mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° and get a muffin pan ready by spraying with some oil.
- Slice shallot and add to a skillet. Fry until lightly brown then add maple syrup and let caramelize. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax eggs.
- In a mixing bowl, ass flour, baking soda, banking powder, nutritional yeast and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Now add flax eggs, milk, coconut oil, mustard and caramelized shallots. Mix well.
- Add about 1 tbsp of dough to each little muffin form.
- Bake for 30 minutes then take out of the oven and let cool down for 10 minutes.
Enjoy for brunch or breakfast!