I grew up with flan – it came in these little cute plastic containers (and wasn’t vegan for sure ;)). You just had to take off the lid, flip them around and then remove the little strap on the bottom so they would flop on to your plate. As a child, I loved these things so here is my plant based take on them…
Makes 4, 15 minutes prep time, 1 hour cool down
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup brown coconut sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix nut milk and corn starch until diluted.
- Heat coconut milk, with sugar and salt until boiling.
- Add milk and corn starch mix until everything thickens.
- Fill into ramekins and let cool down in the freezer for 1 hour.