Fall means Thanksgiving, which is my favorite US holiday. It also means pumpkin flavored everything. Having grown up in Europe, where we don’t celebrate this Holiday, I have a special appreciation for the delicious recipes that represent Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Pie is one of my favorites – how could you not love veggies in dessert form? My personal take on the classic is a vegan pumpkin cheesecake that is also gluten free and enjoyable for people with lactose intolerance. And even if you are non of the above, you will fall in love with this delicious and healthy version.
Also, my recipe was recently featured in Kachen, the only culinary magazine in Luxembourg. I’m so happy I made it into their Fall edition, as the first ever vegan and vegan dessert recipe. Yay!
- 20 medjool dates
- 2 cups walnuts
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 container of vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Start by prepping your crust: pulse pitted dates and walnuts into a food processor until they form a sticky dough.
- Now spread this dough evenly on the bottom of an 8 inch spring form while press it down well with your fingers. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare filling in the meantime by blending all other ingredients until smooth.
- Add filling on top of dough and freeze for at least 1 more hour. Preferably over night.
- Take out at least 3 minutes before serving and add some nuts and coconut whip on top.