Chili is a great comfort food and I love to make a big batch for the week. You can literally use any kinds of beans for it (black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans etc) and I love to spice it up with smokey paprika. It’s great just like that but if you need a more filling meal add brown rice or sweet potatoes.
- 1 can pinto beans (without salt)
- 1 can kidney beans (without salt)
- 1 can tomato sauce (without salt)
- 1 large white sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery (cut up in slices)
- 1 red pepper (cut up in slices)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- some olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Chop up garlic and onion and slice celery and pepper.
- Start with frying onion and garlic in a large pot with some olive oil until lightly brown. Add a pinch of salt.
- Then add celery and peppers and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add veggie broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste and the beans. Stir well and add your spices.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.